“Climate Careers is a great program for both educating the community about energy conservation and giving young adults an opportunity for leadership–win-win!”
“I was very impressed with the knowledge and help from the youth. They were thorough in explaining everything. I highly recommend this program to everyone.”
“The girls were wonderful, polite, and kind. Wow, I feel privileged to have received this service for free, which will help me save money and reduce my (carbon) footprint!”
Our Climate Careers program provides energy and water efficiency services, called Green House Calls, to households throughout the Greater Bay Area and San Joaquin County.
The best part? It won’t cost you anything. Really.
Due to COVID-19, Green House Calls are going contact-free. When you sign up for a Green House Call by completing a 10-minute online survey to determine your personalized efficiency needs, an energy and water efficiency kit with installation instructions will be delivered directly to your door. This kit will include:
- LED light bulbs, standard and floodlight
- A smart power strip ($50 value)
- High-efficiency bathroom and kitchen faucet aerators (same pressure, less water)
- High-efficiency shower head(s) (same pressure, less water)
- Toilet leak detection tablets
We’ll also send you information about energy-saving programs, including:
- BayREN Home+ Program
- California Vehicle Assistance Program
- PG&E’s Home Energy Checkup
- Home Intel’s Home Energy Analytics Program
After your kit arrives, we will conduct a brief phone follow up to ensure your installation process went smoothly and provide any necessary troubleshooting.
Green House Calls are available to homeowners as well as renters, barring only those who have received Rising Sun’s Green House Call service in the last five years and those who live in mobile homes. There is no income qualification.
Here’s what will happen during your Green House Call:
Tips & Resources
Interested in deeper energy savings?
Sign up for HomeIntel by Home Energy Analytics
Signing up for Home Energy Analytics’ no-cost service can find places where energy is wasted in your home to help lower your utility bills. When you sign up for HomeIntel by Home Energy Analytics, you will receive:
- Home energy coaching and consultations via email, phone, or home visits
- Expert recommendations and personalized suggestions on how to save even more energy in your home, directly to your inbox