Opportunity Build is an industry-certified construction training program, providing a path to union apprenticeship in the skilled trades. The program begins with 9-10 weeks of hands-on training at our Oakland facility and offers 12 months of one-on-one assistance, job placement, and job retention support.
What Opportunity Build Teaches You
You will learn the skills necessary to enter a union apprenticeship or job in construction.
As an Opportunity Build graduate, you will have job and apprenticeship opportunities in a number of in-demand fields.
For current and upcoming training details, click below.
THE OPPORTUNITY BUILD IMPACT
To apply for Opportunity Build, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Have a valid CA driver’s license or the ability to obtain one
- Demonstrate an 8th grade reading, reading comprehension, writing, and math level
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Be fluent in English
- Have a stable living situation
Be able to attend training every day, as required for each training date class.
- Have reliable transportation to and from training
- Express strong motivation to find a job and/or enter an apprenticeship upon completion of training
- Be willing to make a 12-month commitment to your own professional development and to Rising Sun
“This was an excellent class and I am glad that I invested time and energy into it. I hope to stay connected to the contacts I have made here.”
“It was very enlightening to learn how wasteful and inefficient most homes are and how important small fixes and behavioral changes are.”
“I thought everything the class had to offer was fun. The hands on portion was great, I also thought the teaching was on point too.”